Preorder Nourished Kitchen: Farm-to-Table Recipes for the Traditional Foods Lifestyle
A revelry of butter, lard, heirloom vegetables, meat, milk, grains and fruit, The Nourished Kitchen offers a fad-free approach to cooking. With over 160 traditional foods recipes and tutorials not featured on the award-winning blog Nourished Kitchen, The Nourished Kitchen: Farm-to-Table Recipes for the Traditional Foods Lifestyle is a beautifully photographed book that guides you through the seasons, and regional farms, and teaches you to embrace back-to-basics cooking at home.
Inside The Nourished Kitchen, You’ll Find:
- 160+ Seasonally Inspired Traditional Foods Recipes including salads, vegetable side dishes, meats, fish, poultry and main courses, fermented foods and drink, bone broths, soups and stews, homemade artisan-style breads, and simple desserts made from fresh fruits, nuts and honey.
- A Balanced, and Fad-Free Approach to wholesome cooking that includes traditionally meat, fat, milk, grain, vegetables and fruits.
- Simple Tutorials for Preparing Traditional Foods like homemade yogurt, milk kefir, kombucha, water kefir, bread kvass, fermented vegetables, stocks and broths, sourdough starters, simple cheeses, herbal honeys and more.
- Guidance on Sourcing Your Foods from farms and ranches practicing sustainable methods.
- Simple Recipes for Nutrient-Dense Foods like yogurts, eggs, milk, meat, organ meats and more.
- Heart-Felt Inspiration that guides you back to the culinary traditions that nourished healthy families for generations.
Praise for The Nourished Kitchen
“I love this book. It’s gorgeous, informed, and filled with wisdom based on old ways and common sense—the wisdom that we crave. At the same time, it is filled with flavor and style. Jennifer’s food is food that I already love, plus there’s new food I am ready to try.”
— Deborah Madison, author of Vegetable Literacy
“Jennifer McGruther brings a wealth of farmhouse wisdom to life in The Nourished Kitchen. Her northern European culinary perspective is a perfect match for her home in the mountains of Colorado, a beacon for how to eat seasonally and locally in a place where the snow flies six months of the year.”
— Hank Shaw, author of Duck, Duck, Goose and creator of the award-winning blog Hunter Angler Gardener Cook
“Jennifer McGruther’s road map to culinary integrity delivers us from wandering through the bewilderment of industrial, nutrient-deficient, supermarket detours. The Nourished Kitchen is as essential in the modern kitchen as a slow cooker and electric mixer.”
— Joel Salatin, farmer, lecturer, and author of Folks, This Ain’t Normal
“What an inspirational book! Jennifer McGruther takes us from the local community and the garden to the kitchen and the table with a collection of delicious, nutritious, traditionally prepared recipes. The Nourished Kitchen deserves a place of honor on your kitchen counter.”
— Sally Fallon Morell, president, the Weston A. Price Foundation
“Jennifer McGruther is great at showing how healthy, nourishing food can be mouthwatering and delicious. This book is full of practical wisdom and inspired recipes (including lots of fermented foods and beverages). Jennifer makes you want to get into the kitchen.”
— Sandor Ellix Katz, author of The Art of Fermentation and Wild Fermentation